Friday, 26 February 2010
Saturday, 20 February 2010
I'm still away with work but really looking forward to having Sunday off. Apparently a gang of us are going to hit Victoria Secrets in the morning and then head to Sag Harbour for a bloody mary before lunch there....after a week of churning out food at work I most certainly have no intention of cooking a thing! But if you do, then this recipe is a great quick, easy and delicious weekend brunch. Enjoy!
CREAMY CHICKEN SAUTE ON GRIDDLED TOASTS
This is a quick and tasty brunch, lunch or tea time snack. It’s also a great way of using up leftover cooked chicken. I actually like to use smoked chicken breast here if it’s available but regular cooked chicken is great too. You could try using other ingredients here too like mushrooms or bacon (cooking them with the onion). You could also use wholegrain mustard instead of sundried tomato pesto and creme fraiche in place of the cream.
Wednesday, 17 February 2010
Sunday, 14 February 2010
Saturday, 13 February 2010
Sunday, 7 February 2010
Dice the butter into a large heat-proof bowl and break the chocolate in. Add the frangelico liqueur and set the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted and then remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
Meanwhile, separate the eggs, placing the whites into a large clean bowl and reserving the yolks. Whisk the whites until stiff.
Next, returning to the chocolate mixture, mix the sugar and ground hazelnuts through. Stir the egg yolks in, one at a time.
Finally, stir a spoonful of the whisked egg whites into the mixture and then very gently fold the remaining whites in until well blended.
This is delicious served with fresh raspberries & softly whipped cream or crème fraiche.
Saturday, 6 February 2010
- Check out fellow bloggerette over at Inspire my house pretty (say hi, because she has been blogging away with lots of great inspiration since last year & apparently my recent comment was her first!).
- My friend Agnes beavers away down at LIT where they have a brand new food site and have very kindly linked us on *blush*.
- Also, Happy, the lovely lady who changed the face of Friendly Cottage, has a brand new online shop *squeels of delight* selling vintage goodies, some of which she has made herself.....hands off the button necklaces!
- Thanks to the guys over at Shelterrific for the inclusion of Friendly Cottage on their blog-watch list, shucks!
- Finally, big thanks to Lorna over at Garrendenny Lane Interiors for including Friendly Cottage in an upcoming feature in Munster Interiors, can't wait to see it!