Sunday 22 March 2009

I'm back

Sorry I've not posted properly in ages - been totally tied up with work and travelling lots again. Very tired now so Mart and I are having a blissful day of lounging around and cat naps (after those all important calls to mothers this morning of course!). Every so often one or the other of us cries out for some food or drink. It was my turn to get up a little while ago so I fixed Mart a quick avocado snack.

Halve 1 ripe avocado and discard the stone. Place cut side up on a small plate and season well with plenty of crunchy flaked sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Drizzle over some good quality extra-virgin olive oil (I had a gorgeous new zealand lime oil) and scatter over torn mint (or basil) leaves. Serve at once with a small spoon for scooping out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there, lovely blog and great recipes!

Œ