Friday 19 June 2009

creatively crafty

I've been beside myself with excitement the last couple of days as I've been attending a fantastic textile class. For a long time now my inner creative child has been craving something other than working with food but she just hasn't been given the time or space, so when I heard about this course I cleared the diary and fell wholeheartedly into it.

Rebecca Devaney & Paget Scott-McCarthy are two fabulous textile designers and gorgeous girls who ran the course as described here. They have totally inspired me to get back into working with textiles, were bursting with hints, tips and inspiring ideas and even reintroduced me to the world of potato printing (amongst lots of other things of course!).

We covered things like hand embroidery stitching, free stitching on the machine and printing with paint using a variety of methods. We then worked on our own little projects to bring all of these skills together and I choose to make bunting (having heart palpitations as I speak!) and greeting cards while I was at it. Here are some snaps of work in progress..






I'll post more about making bunting once I start to get it sewn up...off to pull my sewing machine out of storage in the meantime....oh how happy is my soul?!

2 comments:

Elaine Prunty said...

looks fantastic, a bunting to herald your happiness......

Paula @ Mabel & Violet said...

The bunting is absolutely gorgeous Sharon. A textile printing course is on my to do list at the moment as well!

Œ