Wednesday 17 March 2010

Green Day







Happy Paddy's day! So, what does the day mean to you? A huge chunk of Irish pride....an even bigger tuft of shamrock...a parade...a sequined green cowboy hat?...hhmmm. a day off work perhaps? or just another excuse to head to the pub? 


Here at Friendly Cottage we're spending the morning at home before heading to the hills (to escape all of the above!). Looking around I'm seeing lots and lots of green...

My junk shop habit can't be kicked, but thank goodness as I found this gorgeous platter last week. 
Some  teensey dishes I bought here in New York.

My green spotty bedlinen find in TK Maxx *Hot Flush & Faint*. 
Old school chair in a bedroom.

The junk shop & polka dot theme continues on the dresser. 
Retro Habitat enamel lampshades thanks to the ebay addiction.

Bedspread from M&S. 
Cookbooks in the yet to be revealed bookcase.

Shabitat again...this time their spindle lamp. 
My comfort blankie & cushion on the couch.



Kitchen cabinet door knob from Lizabeth Dahl.
Green panelling in the kitchen.

Basil pot by Rice
My Green Goddess juice....another addiction....
juice 1 large pear, 2 apples, 1 stick of celery, a small piece of ginger and a few handfuls of spinach....uuummm

10 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love all the green at your house! The juice sounds delicious!
St Paddy's day is an excuse (as if we needed one) to wear green, play all sorts of irish music, and go to a parade. When our daughter was young and marching in the parade we would take the day off work, but not now.

lemonade kitty said...

Happy St Patricks day, I love your china and that wallpaper is to die for!! Is it from CK?? love Lucey xx

Lilly Higgins said...

I love that bedspread! So gorgeous. I'm so delighted with the day off but so far all I've been doing is clean the house! can't wait for the big reveal of the bookcase!x

Ellen said...

Those dotty sheets are so cheerful...and the platter is lovely...what a find. I don't have much green in my house...I am a blue fan, but when you showed all your green I first thought Springtime! Fresh, clean, and happy...
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Cliona O'Flaherty said...

Happy Paddy's Day...so that's the platter you sneaked away to buy! She's lovely.X

Joni said...

You have awards waiting! Visit the link below to receive your awards. Thank you for giving us all a joyful blog to read each day!

http://sixcherriesontop.blogspot.com/2010/03/and-award-goes-to.html

xoxo,

Joni

Lorna said...

Your Paddy's Day sounds like ours used to be - before kids and farming!! Love all the green items in your home, I too love the colour green but simply wasn't organised enough nor is my house tidy enough today to take pics of my house so put up some green interiors pics earlier!!
Happy Paddy's Day to you and yours :-)

marty, sharon and pearl said...

thanks everyone...i know i surprised myself with how much green i have in the house....to be honest i'm a colour freak so i could probably do the same post on other colours too!

yes lucey, well spotted on the cath wallpaper ;) and lilly the bookcase is coming soon...just waiting on the husband to move a shelf for me so i can arrange the books properly and take a snap! could be a while so. watch that cleaning lark....totally over-rated!

sx

Jess said...

So glad the bed sheets fit!! Your house is beyond beautiful Sharon. xxx

Anonymous said...

hi sharon. i've been following your blog for a while now but this is my first comment - i really enjoy it and get such pleasure out of seeing the many beautiful things you have around your home..it's so inspiring! and i especially like your blog because it's irish!! so, thank you for all the work you put in.
i actually saw that platter in oxfam home & thought immediately of your kitchen so i'm delighted to see you snapped it up.. (i'm just a little regretful that i didn't get it for myself when i saw it.) it's beautiful..
zoe.

Œ