Sunday 28 June 2009

Kitchen Hunt

We spent all day yesterday on a mission to find a kitchen. It's been a long time coming let me tell you, but without tempting faith I think we may be 3-4 months away from finally having a one, horrah! I was armed with enough photos, tear sheets, drawings and plans to send any man into a spin (as only women can!). Here are some snaps to give you an idea of what we're looking for (I've got plenty more & have even started a dream file for 'the next house'!). Anyhow, let's get this one first and here's hoping it turns out half as nice as these...




5 comments:

Paula @ Mabel & Violet said...

Gorgeous kitchen inspiration Sharon - love all the open shelving and glass cabinets full of beautiful tableware and glassware...swoon! Can't wait to see how yours turns out. We just picked our floor tiles at the weekend so nearly finished our tiny kitchen 5 months later!!

Anonymous said...

I would love the shelves in the first photograph, with the glass holder at the bottom. Please post if you find out where to get shelves like this... I have been searching for a long time for this type of look in a modern kitche. Sarah T

marty, sharon and pearl said...

hi anonymous - they are lovely but not sure where you would buy similar - i imagine they are american. why not head to a good kitchen maker or carpenter? we went to visit noel fay in naas the other day - only a first visit but were very impressed with their professionalism and standards and they came very highly recommended from a friend so might be worth a try if you;re near by. x

Ciara Brehony said...

Oh I've just done a kitchen post Sharon! I'm sorry I didn't see this first! Gorgeous stuff!

Okay, I'm off to post a link to you now! :-D

Lorna said...

Gorgeous kitchens - hmm, exactly my style too but only in my dreams for anther little while I think

Œ