Tuesday 16 September 2008

Stripy Sheets

I am totally thrilled with finding these old lady candy stripe flanelette sheets - I've been on the hunt for ages now and finally, blue-rinsed bingo, I found them!

Unlucky for martin, I found them just before our second wedding anniversary; as it's traditional to give cotton, I returned the intended Y-fronts and wrapped these up for him instead! Of course I told him not to get too excited and that the gift was really for me.

They have great sentimental value to me as Mam used to dress our beds with them growing up. The older they got the more faded they became (which i secretly cant wait to happen to these bright stripes!). Do you know the ones I'm talking about? Check them out on the old lady website, Oxendales, who have a base here in Ireland too which makes a nice change.

No comments:

Œ