Monday 1 December 2008

A year in the life of a spare room fireplace...

I am very excited to unveil the finished fireplace in our spare bedroom. We finally had the room wallpapered (and the sitting room too, which I will show you another time) yesterday. Mart was busy over the weekend, giving the grotty fireplace a new lease of life. I went hunting through my photo files to see if I could find any older photos taken and can't believe the transformation over the last year. It's hard to remember us living in the house like this (well, downstairs is still just as bad!), but at the time I thought I would never forget it. Thank goodness for photos to help us appreciate how far we've come and to remind us to not loose faith that we will make it in the end...


This is what we payed a small fortune for way back last year!


And the work begins. It can only get worse before it gets better.


Some light at the end of the tunnel after replastering


The fireplace gets a facelift over the weekend. Mart's painting revealed a sweet little pattern on the fireplace that we hadn't noticed before.


And then a little old lady wallpaper to complete the look. A far cry from the first few photos!

3 comments:

Silvana said...

Wow, looks gorgeous! What a lot of effort you put in - when do you get the time?

Cliona O'Flaherty said...

Oh I love it! Nice wallpaper...you finally decided on one!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your wallpaper!!

Œ