Sunday 19 October 2008

Perfect Pink Partners

The other night at mart's work party, one of his colleague's wives asked me what dessert she thought I should serve for Sunday lunch for her 22 (!) family guests. Influenced by my delicious girlie pink converse that I had just bought, I thought of 'Eton Mess'. It's quite a summery dessert but I thought it was a pretty easy one to prepare for that many people and a guaranteed winner with all the family also. I might have to make some myself. In the meantime, I can't wait to wear my All Star's to work to help brighten up these wintery days.

















(Eton Mess photo (c) Cliona O'Flaherty)

REALLY QUICK ETON MESS

Serves 6

600ml double cream
12 meringue nests
450g strawberries or raspberries (or a mix of both)
mint to garnish

- Whip the cream to soft peak stage and crumble the meringues over.
- Blitz half of the berries in a mini blender to a smooth puree.
- Crush the remaining berries lightly with a fork.
- Add both to the cream and meringues and gently fold everything together.
- Spoon into pretty serving glasses and garnish with mint to serve.

1 comment:

Kevin S said...

Thank you for being you

Œ